Berney Associés assists both, private individuals and corporate, in all tax related areas relating to income, wealth, succession and VAT, whether national or international.
We review your activities and advise you in optimising and planning for your particular situation. We also monitor your tax return, particularly when official tax decisions and notices of interim payments have been issued. We assist you during tax audits and recourse against tax decisions.
In addition to handling your tax returns, we analyse and plan your tax obligationsin order to take advantage of all existing legal opportunities of optimisation. In case of corporate restructuring – founding companies, mergers & acquisition, liquidations or wealth handovers – our experts advise you and, where necessary, negotiate with tax authorities on the tax status that is most suited to your situation.
We provide guidance on the full range of business and personal tax issues for clients around the world, including multinational companies, public companies, privately held businesses, emerging technology companies, venture capitalists, investors, business owners, executives, and high-net-worth taxpayers.
- International Business Planning
- Business expansion issues
- Inbound and outbound tax issues
- Hybrid structures and debt instruments
- Tax-effective joint venture arrangements
- Business restructuring
- Executive and employee transfer issues
- Treaty planning and interpretation
- Repatriation strategies
- Corporate anti-deferral issues for U.S. shareholders of foreign corporations, including CFC and PFIC matters
- Employment tax
- Withholding tax
- Dividend and loan taxation
- Tax matters related to joint ventures, partnerships, and limited liability companies
- Corporate tax matters of all kinds
- Tax Planning for High-Net-Worth Individuals
- Personal income tax planning
- Charitable gift planning
- Estate planning, including business succession planning
- Tax issues related to international business holdings
- Expatriate planning, including tax issues related to immigration and visa matters
- Tax Controversies
- Business taxation issues
- Personal income tax litigation